With a view to protect client's investment on current system, a proper domain expert is involved in each migration / reengineering project. The domain expert takes the responsibility to assess the legacy system and new enhancement requirement. And then provides an accurate & timely inventory of all impacted applications, defines migration issues, and outlines a delivery plan to complete the migration / reengineering project.
Identify core migration team
Once we receive the migration / reengineering requirement from our client, a core analysis and evaluation team which contains an experienced project manager and a domain expert is identified to analyze the legacy system and evaluate the work amount that needed to fulfill the migration task. This can be done within 2 working days.
- Detailed analysis
We have multiple ways of communication as necessary with your team such as conference calls, e-mail, in-person to get detailed understanding of your requirement. During this phase, we develop an optimal solution which will maximize reusing of the existing software modules and tests to reduce the cost.
Structure design and detail design is completed in this phase.
The implementation stage contains two iterative sub stages. In the first iteration sub stage, all the functions of the application will be implemented and unit test will be carried out simultaneously. In the second iteration sub stage, the application will be perfected and optimized, all the source code will be completed and testers will join to test the completed system. Once the first testing iteration is done, alpha version of the system will be delivered for your review.
- Thorough testing
The alpha version of the system is tested with focus on system integrity, functionality, performance, compatibility to ensure a quality and stable migrated system.
Information gathering & Requirement analysis
Once the core team is established, the following tasks will be carried out:
- Grasp the requirements by studying the related documentations and learning the legacy system through net meeting or VPN.
- Develop the solution of moving the system and business logic to new architectures, languages or web-based environments, according to our understanding of the requirement.
- Define the migration methodology and plans.
- Business model (ODC, Fixed cost, T & M) is agreed.
- Provide a reasonable cost depending on the project scope definitio
Resources build-up & Training
The next step in the migration process is to build the whole project team and set up the required infrastructure environment.
- The whole team comprised of project manager, system architect, developers, testers is identified.
- Setup simulation development environment.
- Team training of the requirement, migration plan, and communication skills before the project execution